God manifesting Himself to us: How we can quickly understand God

Hey Luvs,


I trust you are highly blessed and favoured today! It is a new day and another opportunity to thank God for His Faithfulness!

 (John 1:1, John 14:26)
During my journey as a child of God, one thing I have always asked the Lord to do is to reveal Himself to me. Don't laugh...but I used to believe that *poof* He will just appear or I will have chills all over my body, a mystic experience and some strange Holy Ghost Filled sensation and that would be my God. Yes, I really did believe this and I'm sure that there are other people in this world who do the same. However that was when I was a new born in Christ ( I say this because I am still a baby in Christ learning) and as I sat under great men and woman of God and studied His word I quickly came to the realisation that I was terribly wrong and there was something not quite right with my theological foundation!

You see we have something a very valuable tool as a Christian to use to catch a revelation about who God is. The Bible, the book of Life, the Word of God. There are many arguments about the Bible and some say it was written by men therefore it cannot be of God. However even if this was so when you read the stories of the Bible and contextualise,  analyse timing, seasons, engage in Exi-Jesus (extracting Jesus from the word) you will be able to clearly obtain who God is. That is when you have the true revelation of Who He is.

When we look at contextualisation we are looking at the ability to analyse a word (a scripture/verse) in terms of the ideas/concepts surrounding it. Break it down and understand the meaning of each word to understand what God is trying to say. So for example if we look at Isaiah 54:17:

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.


In order to contextualise correctly we have to pay attention to each and every word. So no weapon--look at the meaning/types of weapons...shall prosper--meaning of this---this is the heritage. So what is a heritage and what is THE heritage?  God is saying that the inheritance/gain of the servants of God is that not one tool that is used against you shall work and every tongue that judges you He will disapprove. But note he says the servants (those who serve Him). The word ''serve'' is a verb a ''doing word'' so in His service, to work for, obedience, to be a helper, to do good and so on and so forth.

When we look at timings/seasons I refer to the times the books of the bible were written. Its important to understand the times they were living in and for you to try and apply this to the current age for you to understand how it would/could have been at the time.

When I talk of Exi-Jesus I'm talking of the ability to extract Jesus from the bible. When we study the new testament and some of the Old too the very Character of Jesus can be taken out for you to understand him more and more. For example, when you look at how he fed the poor, you see that he was a Compassionate man, when He died on the cross you see he is a loving and sefless God. As Jesus was God in the flesh you then understand who God is! You get my drift?

I have come to understand that one of the most simplest and quickest ways of knowing and understanding who God is, is by reading he Word of God. When you read His word you are able to understand the Mind of the Creator. The Holy Spirit (who dwells within you who is able to teach you 1 Corinthians 3:16; John 14:25) can also reveal the hidden secrets of God to you and there you have the raw, undiluted understanding of who He is.

I challenge you to read His word and have a revelation of who God is and the way He works!

Remain blessed and Highly Favoured

All things pink and pretty X
My Email for feedback: ayikailey89@gmail.com

Disclaimer: I am not an Ordained minister or a Pastor or a prophetess. I am a daughter of Zion encouraging others to pursue God.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith in the times of trails: Believing God for the unbelievable

Bible school: How to read and Understand the Bible Effectively