Bible School: Understanding the Sovereignty of God

Hey Luvs


Ephesians 1:17 'That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of Glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him'.


I pray you have all had a blessed weekend and are preparing to receive from your services on Sunday.


One thing I think a lot of us (me included) take the Sovereignty of God for granted. But I don't believe that this is done purposefully, however out of ignorance and familiarity. When I talk of the Sovereignty of God I refer to Him being Supreme, Powerful, and has Dominion. Talking from my own experience I have sometimes forgotten how Sovereign God is and placed my problems above His power. I was walking in total disbelief/discrediting that He could change my situation within a second, and He did and has done so on several occasions. I am a walking testimony on the Power of God. This also demonstrated my lack of faith and I believe in order to have faith you must believe that He is a Sovereign God. By doing this I was annulling what Jesus did on the cross and denying the power of the Blood, what danger!


But I did these you see in total ignorance of how truly powerful God is. That is why it is importance to have a personal revelation/encounter of Who God truly is. At times we are so busy with life that we stop to look around and acknowledge the Alpha and Omega. Bible says that He created the heavens and the earth, when you look at what we have here on earth can you not see the magnitude of God? He took time to create a full functioning human with complex dynamics to it!








The year 2014 was terrible for me, coupled with the fact that I was very ill with conditions that the doctors couldn't figure out, they gave it several names. To cut a long story short, after several months of pain and anguish I ended up with scars covering my total body! I am light in complexion so they were very obvious. I lost my esteem, confidence and I was paranoid that people were always looking at me. It was one of the saddest experiences I had ever had, after all the pain and frustration I was also maimed! I was told it would take years to clear due to the deepness of scaring. I was not attending church at the time (for a variety of reasons) and joined a new church. I engaged in the communion- but I came to understand that it was the power behind it. The belief that as I take it His blood will speak for me. That when He was nailed to the cross and said ''it is finished'' the same applied to me. I took it in faith believing the Sovereignty of God and to God be the Glory by the end of that year I received my healing. That's when I saw and experienced the Power, supremacy of God. This is no joke, I am sharing with you my personal experience that led me to the understanding of His Sovereignty.



(This was me when I was sick and after healing)

You see certain experiences in life will teach you about God if you are willing to learn. Out of every situation you are in you can have a testimony about God if you acknowledge Him (Proverbs 3:6). People believe that the enemy (devil) has some supreme power over the Children of God...a lie, even he has to ask God for permission before he can do something (Psalm 103:19). Think about it!

The miracles that you read about did not stop in the Bible when the book of Revelations was written. They are very present here and today! But we must understand and believe that He is a Powerful God that can do and undo! We must have some crazy faith and activate it, through this we will receive some crazy blessings. Because He is so Powerful and has Dominion there is nothing He cannot do, nothing shall be impossible for you. I am speaking from a place of experience!

Whatever you are facing today or seeing He is Bigger than that problem. He is the Lord is there anything to Hard for Him? (Jeremiah 32:27). He has already forgiven you your sins/transgressions. Do not stand in guilt, rather beckon onto Him and get to know Him. Knowing and understanding the Sovereignty of God does not benefit God in anyway, He knows Himself (Isaiah 45:5), but we need to know Him.



I hope you have been blessed, your feedback is welcome.


Remain blessed and highly favoured


All things pink and pretty X










Popular posts from this blog

Faith in the times of trails: Believing God for the unbelievable

Bible school: How to read and Understand the Bible Effectively

God manifesting Himself to us: How we can quickly understand God