You Have A Choice

Hey Luvs,




Welcome to the month of March!


I pray you are all well, it is my prayer for you all that you experience the love, joy and peace of God. As always He is so faithful!


Deuteronomy 30:19 :


'Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live!'








Through the changing scenes of life we gather a variety of feelings, emotions and experiences which is pretty normal. We are meant to go through these experiences and grow. Life is a journey and aside from God navigating you through that journey, you have a responsibility to live that life to the utmost maximum. You have the choice to live life abundantly despite whatever you have faced. What am I saying?


I am saying that you have a CHOICE. When God created man, He gave man a measure of free will. He asked us to have dominion over the earth and subdue it. He gave us a choice between life and death-yes that scripture is in relation to sin and worshipping false idols but I want to bring a different perspective to it. Like I said above, we go through a various experiences in life a lot of which are traumatic, difficult, challenging and so on. Through these experiences we develop certain personality traits, characters, behaviours, mindsets and attitudes. Most of the time when one has passed through a bad experience the developmental outcome is negative. We tend to develop a pessimistic (negative) view to life which has a domino effect on every other aspect as well as our future.


In my own personal experience I have had some serious financial struggles, when I say struggles I mean it. There were times where I felt/thought that God had abandoned me because these struggles were painful. I had to survive somehow in a situation that made absolutely no sense. I had to deal with emotions that I simply did not want to entertain. On top of that I was also experiencing heartbreak from a relationship that I thought was heading somewhere however I later realised that I was wearing 'rose tinted glasses'. I felt that life was knocking me and I could not cope with it. On top of that was a build up of past experiences where I felt rejected, abandoned, ridiculed, unworthy, unloved and a array of other feelings. It felt like I was a canister of emotional baggage.


The more I looked and focused on my experiences the more I became low and dissatisfied with life. I had spent years collecting issues and subconsciously carried this baggage because I had CHOSEN not to let them go. Until today I will never blame God for some of the unnecessary things I passed through. I went through them because I chose not to let them go despite God asking us to place our burdens onto Him, to forgive and live life abundantly. God never promised that our journey in life would be trouble free, a lot of us have that perception that because we are in the Lord we will be exempt from drama! Nope unfortunately that's a lie that will never become a truth. But what He does promise is that He has overcome the world and He will be with us (John 16:33;Nahum 1:7; Psalm 59:16; Psalm 46:1; Psalm 34:17-18;Psalm 91:15;Romans 8:35).


When I chose to shake off that baggage, brethren trust me I felt a million times lighter. Not only did I have inner peace, I had outer peace. I was no longer acting in ways which were defensive, offensive, negative and so on. There are many people out there that do not realise that how you behave has a knock on effect (domino effect) on every other aspect of your life. For example, someone who has gone through a heart break may be very negative around other people who appear happy in relationships. This can come across as jealousy, insecurity and other negative behaviours. But when you search deeper it is a product of pain and not necessarily them being a bad person. There are two types of people in this world survivors or a victim. When you place yourself in the victim mode you will allow the world to completely overshadow and flatten you. You will allow the enemy to play you like a puppet. Then following that more pain, anguish, bitterness and frustration.


It then becomes a cycle of affliction in your life. When you read the scriptures God encourages us a LOT and this is even evident in stories, parables etc. Some of the issues you are facing have the ability if care is not taken to birth struggles in your generation. The way you behave will affect everything around you, your family, children, relationships, work environment and your ministry. But I am here to remind you that you have a CHOICE. You have a choice to let these things go, for them to be buried and put away. The decision of what happens next after a difficult situation lies in your hands, if you decide to wallow in that issue it will give birth to multiple things which will need more prayer and greater faith to carry you through. You have to learn to be strong and to never give up. You have to learn to take that experience and leave it at the feet of Jesus and live the life that God wants you to live. He wants us to live life abundantly, to enjoy the things he has placed on this earth. How can you do that if you are stuck in a place of no hope & despair?




You have a choice to be happy God will not do that for you, nobody can. Its a decision you have to take. It can be very difficult at is seems easier to stay in the moment of pain than to work through it and smile. However what would be more difficult is having to deal with the long standing and possible generational effects of one thing that happened. Nobody will make you happy or strong. It is a choice you have to make to be strong in the Lord and His joy to be your strength! (Nehemiah 8:10;Ephesians 6:10). You have a choice to make your tomorrow better and liveable. Choose life here on earth and not death, choose not to be dead and living. Choose to have a happy life that is filled with unspeakable joy that no one can takeaway from you! Choose to smile despite the pain, let go of the things that once held you bound. The enemy will be defeated once he sees that you have overcome every storm you have faced. Once he sees that he cannot play with your mind or use the negative experiences you had he will be disgraced and ashamed. Do not give him that power to use you as an example in his kingdom to show his so called 'power', he has none.


Take that responsibility of your happiness today, it is a choice you have to make and nobody will make it for you. Choose to be happy and not sad, choose to be joyful, forgiving, loving, worthy and faithful. Choose to be blessed because you have let go of the past, choose for your generation to be affliction free (affliction from your choices) so that they may also live a fulfilled and happy life.


You have to power to choose, so choose wisely!


I love you with the Love of the Most High God


All Things Pink& Pretty X










Popular posts from this blog

Faith in the times of trails: Believing God for the unbelievable

Bible school: How to read and Understand the Bible Effectively

God manifesting Himself to us: How we can quickly understand God